This course will provide learners with a good understanding of the BS EN 62305 requirements for surge protection.
Course Learning Objectives
By the end of this course, you will:
- Understand the need for surge protection for more complex electrical installations.
- Understand the surge protection requirements in BS EN 62305 and BS 7671.
- Understand the concepts of LPZ and LPS design criteria.
- Understand the risk assessment calculation results for the use of SPDs in LV systems.
- Understand the correct selection and installation of SPDs for mains power, data, ICT and hazardous location circuit cabling.
- Understand the importance of monitoring the health status of SPDs and replacing them when they have exhausted their surge protection counts.