This course introduces the key principles and technologies involved in smart homes and describes some basic forms that smart homes can take. It discusses the progress from initial consultation with the client through the various stages of the project in the order they would ordinarily occur, including commissioning and handover. In depth technical information, including operational safety and telecommunication cabling, is explored within the context of stages it would occur in the project.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of smart devices and smart measures within the built environment.
- Conduct a client and environment specific assessment of requirement encompassing smart technology.
- Create a viable technical specification and project plan for a smart home or smart measure.
- Create and execute a Construction Phase Plan encompassing smart measures.
- Manage an effective commissioning and client handover of a completed smart home.
- Offer appropriate technical support to the smart installation.
- Take reasonable measures to safeguard cyber security.